Difference between Office 2003 and Office 2007 or Office 2010
With the release of Microsoft Office 2007 and Office 2010 there have been many changes to the toolbars and layout of many regularily used functions.
When you first use Word or Excel it is a little frustrating to get to an option you have used many times before. However, if you persevere you will find that the advantages of the new software outweigh the use of version 2003, as once you are able to navigate around the toolbars you can be far more productive.
Now each time you click on an item in the menu bar the toolbars across the top change. The menu bar works the same as the TAB windows in Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox.
Tools --> Options has gone
This frequently used option has moved.
You now need to click the top, left circular button called the "Office Button"
and then "Word" or "Excel" Options.
Also on the "OFFICE BUTTON" are the options for :-
and a List of RECENT DOCUMENTS
These settings are now found by clicking "PAGE LAYOUT"
Find, Replace and Select, Excel - Format, Delete, Insert
All of these are over to the right on the first tab called "HOME"
Spellcheck, Thesarus, Track Changes, Protect
These settings have moved to "REVIEW"
If you cannot find the option you need then highlight the text or cell(s) you want to work with then Right Click
. A list of options are displayed for actions to anything highlighted.
!!!! WARNING MAJOR CHANGE !!!!! WARNING MAJOR CHANGE !!!!
The word and excel file types have changed from DOC to DOCX and XLS to XLSX
You can convert a document by Opening the old file with the new version then saving the file.
When saving there are options to save in the New or Old format
Which format should I save?
If you have to send the file to someone who is still on an old version of Office they may not be able to open the file.
Choose the older versions, 97-2003 if you need to do this,
choose the Latest Version (e.g just save document or worksheet)
Exception - there is a converter add on available free from Microsoft which allows a user with old versions to open the file but only as read-only
see Office Compatibility Pack
You may convert a folder of word documents using these instructions
==> Click For More Information
If you want me to convert for you please contact me on 020 8342 1882
New MENU options for Microsoft Office 2007
- Cut, Paste, Font, Colours, Justification,Bullets, Tabs, Sort, Display Return Character, Heading/Normal etc., Find, Replace, Select
- Page, Page Break, Table, Picture, Clip Art, Shapes, Chart, Hyperlink, Bookmark, Header, Footer, Page no., Text Box, WordArt, Signature
- Themes, Margins, Orientation, Size, Columns, Breaks, Line Nos., Watermark, Background Color, Border, Indent, Spacing
- Table of Contents, FootNotes, Citations Bibliography, Captions, Index, Table of Authorities
- MailMerge, Envelopes, Labels
- Spelling, Thesarus, Track Changes
- Document Views, Ruler, Gridlines, Zoom, PageViews, New, Switch Windows
- Macros, Protect, Template, XML
- Cut, Paste, Font, Colours, Justification, Tabs, Format Cells (includes AUTOFIT)
, Insert, Delete, Functions, Sort, Data Filter, Find, Replace, Select
- Table, Picture, Clip Art, Shapes, Chart, Hyperlink, Header, Footer, Text Box, WordArt, Signature, Object
- Themes, Colors, Fonts, Effects, Margins, Orientation, Size, Print Area
, Columns, Breaks, Line Nos., Background, Titles, AutoFormat
, Gridlines, Pane Selection
- Funtions, Define Names and Named Ranges
- Get External Data, Connections, Sort and Filter
, Data Tools, Outline
- Spelling, Thesarus, Track Changes
- Document Views, Ruler, Gridlines, Zoom, PageViews, New Windows, Split Window
, Hide, Switch Windows, Macros
- Visual Basic, Macros, XML, View Source
- Your own company specific or software Add-ins e.g SAGE, Blurb Viewer
Previous Page Next Page IP