How to merge Music Folders
1. Open Windows Explorer
Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Windows Explorer
Start "My Documents" or "My Computer" then click the "Folders" button at the top
2. On the left hand side of the Window click on one of the folders you want to merge into the ITunes Folder, in this case "Amazon Downloads"
3. Now click "Edit" --> "Select All" (or CTRL-A)
4. Now "Right Click" on a highlighted area over the selected files on the right hand side and click "Copy"
5. Next "Right Click" on the folder you want to copy to, in this case "ITunes" and then click "Paste"
6. If any files have the same name a pop-up message appears.
7. Click "Yes to All" to overwrite files or "No" if you want to keep any files (You will have to click "No" for each duplicate file)
n.b Ignore "Desktop.ini files these are used by the system and it doesn't matter whether you copy them or not
8. Now do steps 2, 3 and 4 for the next folder, in this case "MP3 Player"
Click "Copy" again
9. "Right Click" on the ITunes folder again and select "Paste"
10. Again if duplicates exist a pop-up will display
11. Decide which button to click based on which files you want to keep
Once completed check your ITunes is now as you planned and delete the extra folders when you are happy that everything is copied correctly.
It is best to wait a few days before deleting the old folders in case something has been missed in error. If you want right click on each folder and rename, I usually add "DELETE ME ON 7 DAYS" to the end of the folder name.
Previous Page Next Page IP