Ubuntu Sound not working Dell Mini 9
After updating Ubuntu 10.4 even though all sound options are enabled no sound is playing through the built in speakers on my Dell Mini 9
To resolve this problem a file requires editing in the Terminal Window.
To do this follow these instructions :-
Previous Page Next Page IP
- Press ALT+CTRL+T to Open the Terminal Window
- Type --> sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
- You may need to enter your password then click ok
- add this at the bottom of the file: "options snd-hda-intel model=dell"
- Click Save, then close the window
- Type --> exit (to close the Terminal Window)
- Now Restart your computer